Sunday, January 16, 2011

News from the MTC

12/14/10 Things here in the MTC are going good! The first three days were really bad though because they were so long and boring! But now that I've been here a week, it doesn't even feel like that, things are going fast and I would like to think that I am learning a lot. My companion and roommates are all from Utah, and only had to drive maybe an hour to get here, but they are cool. My companion is really homesick and talking of going home already. We are starting to get to know each other and talk more so that's good.  The days usually go, wake up, study, breakfast, class time, lunch, class, dinner, class. Thats pretty much it. But i think I am learning a lot I hope and my companion and I have a hard time teaching but it's all good, its only the first week. I am not feeling very homesick either (sorry) but the only thing that i miss is music, we can't have music here, so I am going pretty crazy over that. I think that's about it  i'll see you in 2 years! 
12/21/10  Well to start off my companion is packing up and heading home, because he is really homesick, he misses his girlfriend, and one of his cousins has cancer, and he said that if he stayed she probably wouldn't be alive when he got home. It's sad, I'll miss him, but I don't think there is very much I can do to change his mind. I am getting better at teaching, and this one lesson, the spirit was really strong and it felt good to have that feeling and teach with it. Oh we had Paul Pieper of the seventy talk to us, he was good. The  leaders say we will be surprised on Christmas for the speakers, so I'm excited about that.  I also saw Jessica Ogle Felt here not too long ago, she is a teacher here for the Japanese sisters I think, but it was good to see her. Everything is moving a lot faster not, I can't believe that I only have one more week before I leave, it's crazy! I still want to listen to music, but I guess it has gotten easier.  I am eating a lot more than I normally do, but I think I am cursed to be skinny forever, I haven't gained anything yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment